Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Crying Game

tonight i was really in the mood to play some online nhl 11. so i scoured some leagues and joined one that was almost full and didn't have a password. the canucks were taken so i pulled a dick move and took an all-star team.

i was shortly invited by the leagues creator to a game. awesome.

he scored two goals on two shots in the exact same fashion - which annoys the hell out of me. why cheese. its pointless. you dont get money for winning so why be a little bitch about it. so i said, alright. i tightened down defensively and didn't allow a single shot the rest of the period. we make it to the second period and now i'm up 5-2. on my 5th goal, which was a sick end to end, with kane shooting messier style from the face off circle. then i get the 'you have lost your connection' message.

he quit.

i reviewed the replay and enjoyed my goal and when i backed out i was booted from the league.

i messaged the guy.

me: hey man why'd you boot me
him: bcuz i dont know you
me: or because you lost

why challenge me if you didn't know me buddy?

the whole online experience has become a mode for whiny little babies who score goals one way, or quit when their losing. it sickens me that people would invest so much time into an online mode or game and just bail with no positive reward. sure you're losing but there are things called come backs. even when i'm playing a cheeser who is up 7-1 on me, i play it through. i'm not going to bail on a game i've spent 10 minutes playing already just because this guy is a douche bag. what i'm going to do is tighten up on d, and prevent that shit from happening as best as i can.

3 comments:

  1. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHAAAA WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. skrodyman, I feel your pain.. I havent played online in a while because of this.. or just cheesy players in general.

    I been wanting tostart a league for some time now... a proper one. I ran a HUGELY succesful Madden league last year.

    The problem is that it is hard to fill leagues with solid players... My thinking is that players that come to PetrPuck are the kinds of guys we want... Any interest in helping run a league with me? I will handle all the detials and stuff.. all you need to do is promote it..

    Let me know if you are interested.. we could probably set up a real good PetrPuck league.

    ReplyDelete
  3. theres a PP league on the go already!
    http://petrpuck.blogspot.com/2009/09/online-league.html
    ch-ch-ch check it out.

    from time to time i'll take the serious players and do a side league with 4 or 5 teams x 5 games or something.

    ReplyDelete

Please use the Community Forum for all comments from now on!