Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Dynasty

hey y'all.

over the nhl game has made its way to the 'nex-gen' console, i have approached dynasties a little different. before i would make myself a 99, put myself on the canucks. and try to stack my team. and win. but that's not very fun to do as as 23 year old anymore.

what i have been doing is taking a different approach to the franchise mode/dynasty which really took off last season when i made the 'be-a-gm profiles'. last year i would try and build the team based on how the real life GM would. that was fun sure.

but this season i've found that if i try to play a dynasty i'll usually acquire the same kind of players. draft the same guys. and then quit before season 2. i need something more.

so this season i am taking my dynasty experience to a whole new level. basically i created a dynasty manager page for my dynasty. once i got it all set up i decided to take a team at random (new york islanders) and try to think of a storyline which i could play out all year. and i came up with one. i usually do this to an extent with every franchise/dynasty i start, especially in MLB games but i think it's going to be different this year.

i'm a handful of games in, having played some and simmed some, give it a read if you are looking for something like this to follow and cheer me and my islanders squad as we try to get the light house project started.
-c

2 comments:

  1. I've created an account to but I'm unable to creat a page... can you help me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont know if the same thing is happening to you as it did me, but basically when i logged in i couldn't make a page either without it telling me to upgrade.. so i had to make a new account.

    from there you have to 'write story' to get it as news content.
    on the sidebar you can add little things too to track stats, standings, injuries, etc.

    to make sure your page is up make sure after everything you do you make sure to check off 'publish immediately'.

    if you're familiar with HTML code you can use code off of this guys profile like i did. his page is UNREAL and i would suggest following it too:

    http://www.dynastymanager.com/teampage2.php?u=ggagnon&sport=nhl

    ReplyDelete

Please use the Community Forum for all comments from now on!